快捷搜索:

高级英语词汇,详细描述天气的10种方式

高级英语词汇,详细描述天气的10种方式,分享日常需要用到的10种描述天气的方式,可以好好学学,到时可以用到!

Hello, guys! Steven here.

哈啰,大伙们! 我是Steven。

And in this video, I'm going to explain 10 items of advanced English vocabulary to describe the weather.

在这部影片中,我会解释十个形容天气的进阶英文单字。
I have left out the basic expressions like it's raining or it's sunny or it's cold ,

我不会教像「下雨了」或「天气很晴朗」或「天气很冷」这种基本说法,

and instead, I have chosen nouns and adjectives which are more descriptive and will help you when you are talking about the weather in more detail.

我挑选出一些名词和形容词,它们较具描述性,而且在你更细聊天气时可以帮上忙。

Number one is a blizzard.

第一个是blizzard(暴风雪)。

A blizzard is a severe, a serious, snowstorm which lasts for some time.

Blizzard是极为惨重、一场很大且持续一阵子的风雪。

For example, I could say, In December, we had a blizzard, which left everything covered in snow,

例如,我可以说:「十二月时,我们遇到一场暴风雪,一切都被覆盖在白雪中」

or In December, there was a blizzard, which left everything covered in snow.

或「十二月时有一场暴风雪,一切都被覆盖在白雪中。」

So a blizzard is a very serious or severe snowstorm.

所以暴风雪是一场非常大或惨重的风雪。

Number two is a breeze.

第二个是breeze(微风)。

And a breeze is a very gentle wind.

Breeze是一阵徐徐的风。

For example, Her hair was blowing very slightly in the breeze.

举例来说,「她的秀发在微风中轻轻飘扬着。」

Next, we have a gust of wind.

接下来,我们有a gust of wind(一阵强风)。

And a gust of wind is a very sudden, strong piece of wind.

A gust of wind是一阵非常突然、猛烈的风。

It's the opposite of a breeze.

那是微风的相反。

So, for example, I was wearing my hat and a gust of wind blew it away.

那么,举例来说,「我戴着我的帽子,接着一阵强风把它吹走了。」

Number four is overcast.

第四个是overcast(乌云密布)。

This adjective is used to describe the sky when there are a lot of clouds.

这个形容词是用来形容极为多云的天空。

If I said the sky was cloudy, it means there are some clouds;

如果我说天空阴阴的,那代表有一些云;

however, if it's overcast, it's probably very gray and full of clouds— perhaps it's going to rain.

然而,如果天空乌云密布的话,那可能就表示天空很灰而且有一堆云--搞不好要下雨了。

Number five is another adjective, and it's muggy.

第五个是另一个形容词,这个字是muggy(闷热的)。

Muggy means that it is very hot and humid—unpleasantly so.

Muggy的意思是天气非常热而且潮湿--让人不舒服的那种。

For example, In August, in many countries, it's so muggy that your clothes are sticking to you.

例如,「八月时在许多国家,天气闷热到你的衣服都会黏在身上。」

Remember, guys, I have a northern British accent, so I say muggy.

大家记住,我有英国北部的口音,所以我说muggy。

Um, the standard accent, which you may be used to, it's more of an a sound: muggy.

呃,标准口音,你可能比较习惯听到的那种,那比较是a的音:muggy。

So, muggy is how I pronounce it although it is pronounced by other speakers as muggy.

那么,muggy是我的发音方式,虽然其他人是发成muggy的音。

Next, we have smog.

接下来,我们有smog(雾霾)。

Smog is a noun, and it's a combination of the words smoke and fog.

Smog是一个名词,它是smoke(烟)和fog(雾)这二字的组合。

I have heard—although I've never been—that in Los Angeles in the United States, there is often a lot of smog.

我听说--虽然我从没去过--听说在美国洛杉矶,那里常有许多雾霾。

This is because there is not enough wind to blow away all of the cars' exhaust fumes and other smoke from factories.

这是因为没有足够的风吹散所有汽车的废气,还有其它工厂排放的烟。

You might have just heard my cat meowing. I have a cat just behind the camera.

你可能刚听到我的猫在叫。我有一只猫就在摄影机后面。

So, shh! Be quiet, cat.

嘘!猫咪,安静。

So, smog, if I said to you, I couldn't see the sun because there was a lot of smog,

那么,雾霾,如果我告诉你:「我看不到太阳,因为有很多雾霾」

it means there was smoke and fog and it was blocking out the sun .

那就代表有烟和雾,而且那挡住太阳了。

Number seven is hail.

第七个是hail(冰雹)。

Hail is pieces of ice which fall from the sky like rain.

Hail是和雨一样从天而降的冰块。

Um, they can be quite painful when they hit you.

呃,被它们打到的时候会满痛的。

In British English, we also say hailstorms.

在英式英文中,我们也会用hailstorm(雹暴)。

And if there is a hailstorm, it means that lots of hail falls from the sky.

如果有雹暴的话,那就表示有很多冰雹从天而落。

It means it's very, very cold.

这代表天气非常非常冷。

You do not want to be caught in a hailstorm.

你不会想被困在雹暴中。

Next, we have a heatwave.

接下来,我们有heatwave(热浪)。

And a heatwave is a long period of very hot weather.

Heatwave是很长一段时间的炎热天气。

We don't often have heatwaves in the UK—we are quite a cold country.

我们在英国不常遇到热浪--我们是个满寒冷的国家。

But when we do have a heat wave, we make the most of it by going outside, sunbathing, and enjoying the very infrequent hot weather.

不过当我们真的有热浪来袭时,我们就会充分利用,去到户外、做做日光浴,然后享受这非常难得的炎热天气。

Number nine is torrential rain.

第九个是torrential rain(豪雨)。

Torrential rain is very heavy rain.

Torrential rain是很大的雨。

So you can have normal rain, heavy rain, and then torrential rain.

所以你可以有一般降雨、大雨,然后豪雨。

So torrential rain is rain which is falling so hard you can't see your hand in front of you, you're soaking wet.

豪雨是下得非常大的雨,大到你看不到眼前的手、大到你全身湿透。

It might even be dangerous to drive in torrential rain as you won't be able to see where you're going.

豪雨中开车甚至可能发生危险,因为你无法看到你的去向。

For example, I was driving home and there was torrential rain, so I had to stop my car, because it was too dangerous.

举例来说,「我正开车返家然后下了一场豪雨,因此我必须停下车来,因为实在太危险了。」

Number 10 is bitterly cold.

第十个是bitterly cold(天寒地冻)。

If it is bitterly cold, it's extremely cold.

如果用了bitterly cold的话,就是天气极为寒冷。

It's very unpleasant; it's not nice.

那非常令人不快;那种天气并不好。

For example, In December, it was bitterly cold, so I didn't leave the house for two days.

举例来说,「十二月时,天气天寒地冻,所以我两天没离开屋子。」

I hope you have enjoyed this video about advanced English vocabulary to describe the weather.

希望你们喜欢这部有关形容天气的进阶英文单字的影片。

If you have, please put a Like on YouTube and share it with your friends.

如果你喜欢的话,请在YouTube频道上按个「我喜欢」,并和你的朋友一起分享。

学会了吗?每天是更新不同的英语资料和技巧,今天是天气,明天是什么了,等着看吧!